- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Grace Latshaw, Quinlan baker
Grace Anna Latshaw, 80, of Reinholds, passed away peacefully at home surrounded by her family Tuesday, July 12, 2011 from a lengthy illness under the care of Hospice.
She was born in Jackson Township, Lebanon County, to the late J. Ralph and Stella (Herr) Kreider. She was the wife of George E. Latshaw, to whom she shared 59 years of marriage.
Grace was a member of St. Paul’s Evangelical Congregational Church in Reamstown. She enjoyed traveling, crocheting and playing bingo. During her working years, she worked as a baker for Quinlan Pretzels of Denver, before retiring in 1996.
In addition to her husband she is survived by her five children: Larry, husband of Joan (Benn) Latshaw, of Wernersville; Debra, wife of Rodger Seiler, of Denver; Edward G., companion of Donna Fick, of Shoeneck; Teresa, wife of Michael Brendle, of Denver; and David Latshaw, of Newark, Del.; 10 grandchildren; 15 great-grandchildren; three brothers: Jonas Kreider, of Myerstown; Irvin Kreider, of Tioga, Colo.; and Lloyd Kreider, of Florida; and a sister: Mildred Bradley, of Myerstown.
She was preceded in death by a son: Richard "Dick" Latshaw; and a brother: Lester Kreider.
Funeral services were held July 16 at St. Paul’s E.C.C. with Pastor Kirk Marks officiating. Interment followed in the Mellinger’s Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Grace’s memory may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125 Lancaster, PA 17604.
Arrangements were made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be sent to the family at roseborostradling.com.