- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Grace Porter Hand, 93, long-time NJ Bell employee, enjoyed the beach, gardening
Grace (Holman) Porter Hand, aged 93, passed away at the Hospice and Community Care Mt. Joy Inpatient Unit, April 25, 2014.
Born in Trenton, N.J., she was the daughter of the late Clarence and Maisie Lee (Fowler) Holman. She was the wife of the late Donald F. Hand and formerly the wife of the late William W. Porter of Hamilton, N.J.
Grace worked at New Jersey Bell Telephone for many years before retiring in 1965. She loved vacationing at the Jersey shore with her late sister-in-law every year for over 30 years. Her other interests included many camping trips, cruises, playing cards and walking with her senior friends. Grace loved feeding birds and flower gardening in her yard. Her travels included trips to Germany, Australia, Mexico, Canada and most of the USA.
She is survived by a brother: Wesley Holman of Columbus, N.J.; her four children: Harry Porter (Pam) of Santa Clara, Calif., James Porter (Janice) of Pensacola, Fla., Virginia Faber-Castell (Andreas) of Sydney, Australia; step-daughter, Donna Thorn (Thomas) of Tom’s River, N.J. Grace also leaves behind 13 grandchildren and 22 great-grandchildren.
Grace was preceded in death by her brother: Clarence “Chick” Holman; her sisters-in-law: Ursula “Uli” Holman and Shirley Holman; her step-son: Tom Hand; and her grandson: Donald Hand.
The family wishes to thank Grace’s devoted caregivers from Home Instead Senior Care and Hospice and Community Care of Mt. Joy. A memorial service in her honor will be held at a later date.
Arrangements by Roseboro Stradling Funeral and Cremation Services, Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.