- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Guy Franklin Balenzano Ephrata H.S. grad, worked for PPL, D&E, transported IU 13 students
Guy Franklin Balenzano, born Sept. 12, 1926 in Middletown, passed away Sunday, Aug. 10, 2014.
He was the son of the late Katherine Echenrod and Guy Franklin Balenzano. Frank was one of four children, having three sisters: Martha Needles, Mary Burkholder, and Eleanor Layman, all from the Ephrata/Reamstown area.
He moved to Ephrata at age five, and graduated from Ephrata High School. Upon graduation, he entered the Army Air Corp. Once the war ended, he was sent home to Pennsylvania. Frank worked at PPL, then D&E Telephone Co. of Ephrata, before retiring from Lanco Knitwear. He then worked part-time at Weary’s Transportation Co., and at Boyd Transportation as a bus aide for IU 13 students.
Frank married Viola Batsch from Groffdale, on April 20, 1957. They were married for 57 years.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by a stepson: Mike Frymyer, of Georgia; four grandkids: Jerome Frymyer, Haley McGuigan, Molly McGuigan, and Samantha Thomason.
In addition to his parents, he is preceded in death by a daughter: Debra McGuigan.
A viewing will take place on Thursday, August 14, 2014, from 7 to 8 p.m., at the Stradling Funeral Home, 201 Church Ave., Ephrata.
In lieu of flowers, please send donations to Hospice and Community Center, 4075 Old Harrisburg Pike, Mount Joy, PA 17552.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.