- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Harold L. Shaak Sr., Gooding, Simpson and Mackes worker
Harold L. Shaak, Sr., 85, of Kleinfeltersville, died Tuesday, Aug. 21, 2012 in his residence.
He was the husband of the late Kathryn M. Hirneisen Shaak. He was born in Jackson Township, Lebanon County, a son of the late Harry P. and Irene Althouse Shaak.
Harold was employed for 40 years with Gooding, Simpson and Mackes Inc., of Ephrata. He attended the Host Lutheran Church and enjoyed going to public sales.
He is survived by sons: Harold L. Jr., husband of Helen Shaak, of Adamstown; Darryl G., husband of Kathleen Shaak, of Denver; Donald P., husband of Donna Shaak, of Lititz; Darwin T., husband of Patricia Shaak, of Lebanon; Douglas D. Shaak, of Myerstown; daughters: Doris K., wife of Peter Depew, of N.Y.; Denise E. Shaak, of Kleinfeltersville; and Donetta M., wife of Patrick Eberly, of Myerstown; 10 grandchildren, 14 great-grandchildren; and one great-great-grandchild; brothers: Harry Shaak Jr., of Hamburg; and John Shaak, of Womelsdorf; and sisters: June DeHart, of Mt. Aetna; and Shirley Shaak, of Lebanon.
He was preceded in death by brothers: Ray, Rufus, Russell and Clarence "Bobby" Shaak.
His funeral service was held on Aug. 27 in the Clauser Funeral Home, Schaefferstown. Interment will be made in the Millbach Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in his memory to the Humane Society of Lebanon Co., 150 N. Ramona Road, Myerstown, PA 17067.