- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Harold Moyer, butcher, history buff, postcard collector
Harold J. Moyer, 79, of Reinholds, passed away Monday Nov. 19, 2012, at the Ephrata Community Hospital.
He was born in East Cocalico Township to the late Landis and Lillian (Gerhart) Weidman and was the husband of Ruth (Harting) Moyer, who were married 56 years.
Harold was a member of the Blainsport Mennonite Church. He loved history and he was an avid postcard collector. Harold enjoyed collecting antiques and going to sales and he also enjoyed gardening. Harold worked as a butcher for Triple G and Weaver Markets. Harold also worked at Gehman Feed Mill, Denver.
In addition to his wife, Harold is survived by his sons and daughters: Ellen, wife of Steven Depuy of Reinholds; Rachel, wife of Keith Lutz of Ephrata; Jonathan, husband of Susan Moyer of Newmanstown; Stephen, husband of Norma Moyer of Reinholds; and Rebecca, wife of Carl Rutt of Denver; a step brother Charles Weidman Jr.; two step sisters: Mary Moyer of Reinholds and Lucy Shimp of Ephrata; 10 grandchildren; and one great-grandchild.
He was preceded in death by a brother: Fred Weidman; and a sister: Kathryn Goshert.
Services were held Nov. 24 at Blainsport Mennonite Church, Reinholds, with Pastor Eric Marshall officiating. Interment took place in the Swamp Cemetery. Memorial contributions in Harold’s memory may be made to Asera Care Hospice 315 Primrose Lane, Suite 101 Mountville, PA 17554.
Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.
Arrangements by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Denver.