- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Harry A. Slabach, 95, WWII vet, Basehore carpenter
Harry A. Slabach, 95, formerly of Denver, passed away Tuesday, May 7, 2013, at Ephrata Manor.
He was born in Red Run to the late Harry F. and Anna (Reinhold) Slabach and was the husband of the late Fern M. (Henly) Slabach, who died in 2008. They were married 62 years.
He was a member of Muddy Creek Evangelical Lutheran Church. Harry worked as a plasterer and carpenter for Basehore Construction. He enjoyed bike riding and trout fishing into his 90s. He particularly enjoyed playing with his grandchildren and attending their sporting events.
A veteran of U.S. Army, he served during WWII in the Battle of Normandy.
Harry is survived by daughter: Dixie, wife of Jerry Snader, Mt. Airy; two sons: David, husband of Cindy (Getz) Slabach, Denver and H. Dennis, husband of Jacqui (Hillard) Slabach, Cincinnati, Ohio; eight grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
In addition to his wife, he was preceded in death by a grandson: Eric Snader; brothers: Roy E. Slabach and John Slabach and a sister: Ruth Diebler.
A viewing was held at Roseboro Stradling Funeral Home May 9 followed by funeral services on May 10 with Rev. Robert A. Kramer officiating. Interment will take place in the Muddy Creek Cemetery with military honors.
Memorial contributions in Harry’s memory may be made to Alzheimer’s Association, Greater PA Chapter 3544 N. Progress Ave., Suite 205 Harrisburg, PA 17110.
Arrangements by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.