- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Harry R. Boyer, 87, WWII vet, knitter, truck driver
Harry R. Boyer, 87, of Ephrata, went to be with his Lord Sunday, Aug. 11, 2013.
He was the husband of Lois M. (Walter) Boyer and son of the late Leroy and Fannie (Border) Boyer.
Harry was a member of Mt. Zion Baptist Church in Denver and worked as a knitter, truck driver, and most recently as security at Garden Spot Auto Auction.
He was a U.S. Army Veteran and served during World War II.
Harry will be missed by his family and many friends.
In addition to his wife, Lois, Harry is survived by two daughters: Anita, wife of Barry Wertz of Reinholds and Gladys Bressler of Newmanstown; two step-daughters: Joanne Rhoad of Lancaster and Genna-Bev Firestone of Lancaster; seven grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren.
In addition to his parents, Harry was preceded in death by a sister: Betty Bressler, and a brother: Lloyd Boyer, Sr.
Friends will be received Aug. 15 from 1 to 2 p.m. at Mt. Zion Baptist Church, 3 Denver Rd., Denver, PA 17517. Funeral services will begin at 2 p.m. with the Rev. Keith Sweitzer officiating. Interment with military honors will follow at Memory Gardens, East Cocalico Township.
Donations in Harry’s memory may be made to Mt. Zion Baptist Church Missions Fund at the above address.
To offer your condolences visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.