- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Harvey Martin, 87, woodworker
Harvey M. Martin, 87, of Ephrata, entered into rest at his residence Sunday, July 31 2011. He had been under the care of Hospice of Lancaster County.
Born in Springville, Ephrata Township, he was the son of the late Michael Martin and Annie W. Hoover Martin. Harvey was the husband of the late Laura H. Martin who died December 2009.
He was a woodworker and a member of Groffdale Mennonite Church, Groffdale Conference.
He is survived by two sons: Melvin M., husband of Edna (Zimmerman) Martin, of Ephrata; and Harvey M., husband of Esther (Horst) Martin, of Penn Yan, N.Y.; four daughters: Mary Ella, wife of the late Paul M. Zimmerman, of Stanley, Wis.; Lydia M., wife of the late Elvin N. Nolt, of Leola; Anna M., wife of Chester B. Reiff, of Leola; and Edna M., wife of Ammon R. Zimmerman, of Ephrata; 35 grandchildren; and 112 great-grandchildren.
In addition to his wife and parents, he was preceded in death by two brothers: Ivan Martin and Eli Martin; a sister: Annie Martin; and eight grandchildren.
Funeral services were held from the late residence, with further services at Groffdale Mennonite Church (Groffdale Conference), with Bishop Ammon Weaver officiating. Interment was held in the adjoining church cemetery. Kindly omit flowers.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes, Akron/Ephrata.