- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Hazel Steinmetz, 92, W.W. Moyer, Rosenau worker
Hazel L. Steinmetz, 92, formerly of Ephrata, died Saturday, Aug. 18, 2012 at Masonic Village in Elizabethtown, where she resided.
Born in Hahnstown, Hazel was the daughter of the late Walter M. and Minnie M. Sweigart.
She was a member of Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in Ephrata and was formerly employed at W.W. Moyer Co. and Rosenau-Ephrata Apparel clothing manufacturers, also of Ephrata.
Hazel is survived by a son: J. Craig, husband of Patricia A. (Kauffman) Steinmetz, of Manheim; two daughters: Madolin D., wife of James N. Heisey, of Mt. Joy; and Ann S., wife of Terry L. Nolt, of Akron; eight grandchildren; four step-grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; three step-great grandchildren; and two sisters: Retired Army Major Marion D. Colonell, of Manheim; and Reba D. Sweigart, of Mt. Joy.
Hazel was preceded in death by a brother: Russell J. Sweigart; and her former husband: Roy K. Steinmetz.
Funeral services were held on Aug. 22 on Wednesday at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church with the Rev. Henry E. Herbener officiating. Place of interment was Cedar Hill Cemetery, Ephrata.
Donations in Hazel’s memory may be directed to Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 167 E. Main St., Ephrata, PA 17522.
To offer condolences, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.