- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Helen Catherine Sheaffer, 90, Ephrata, member of Swamp Christian Fellowship Church
Helen Catherine Sheaffer, 90, of Ephrata, passed away Wednesday, April 30, 2014, at Maple Farm.
Born in Bernville, she was the daughter of the late Joseph and Lily (Schlappich) Kissinger and was the wife of the late Eugene Wayne Sheaffer.
Helen was a member of the Swamp Christian Fellowship Church, Reinholds. She enjoyed word search puzzles.
She is survived by a son: Robert, husband of Bonnie Sheaffer of Akron; a daughter: Vickie, wife of Raymond Branas of York; and a grandson: Troy, husband of Lori Sheaffer.
In addition to her parents, she is preceded in death by a sister: Stella Brumbach.
Services were held May 5 at Stradling Funeral Ephrata, followed by interment in Memory Gardens.
Memorial contributions in Helen’s memory may be made to the Ephrata Pioneer Fire Company, 135 S. State St., Ephrata, PA 17522
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.