- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Helen Haines, W.W. Moyer secretary
Helen M. Haines, 93, a lifetime resident of Ephrata, passed away Sunday, July 17, 2011 at Stone Ridge Retirement Home in Myerstown after a lengthy illness.
She was the daughter of the late Lizzie Ensinger. She was the wife of Alvin D. Haines.
Helen worked at the former W.W. Moyer Company in Ephrata for 32 years as the executive secretary for Mr. Jacob Krieder. She was a 1935 graduate of Ephrata High School and a member of Grace Evangelical Congregational Church in Ephrata.
In addition to her husband she is survived by a son: Lee D. Haines, husband of Mary Jane (Weber) Haines, of Ephrata; a grandson: Bruce Haines, husband of Tami (Garman) Haines, of Florida; a granddaughter: Kimberly, wife of Robert Cochran, of Marienville; and five great-grandchildren.
Friends will be received at Paul L. Gravenor Home For Funerals, 100 W. Main St. in Ephrata, from 1-2 p.m. July 20. Funeral services will follow at 2 p.m. with the Rev. Jeffrey Martin officiating. Interment will take place in Cedar Hill Cemetery.
Memorial donations may be directed to Grace Evangelical Congregational Church, 131 Terrace Ave., Ephrata, PA 17522.
To offer condolences to the family, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.