- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Helen K. Weitzel, Sunday school teacher, beautician
Helen K. Weitzel, 88, of Denver, passed away Monday, Sept. 30, at Denver Health & Rehabilitation Center.
She was born in West Cocalico Township to the late Harry S. and Cora (Burd) King, and was the wife of Ivan Weitzel, with whom she shared 69 years of marriage.
Helen was a loving wife, mother and grandmother. She was a member of Swamp Christian Fellowship Church, Reinholds, where she was a member of the willing workers for many years and Sunday school teacher.
During her working years, she was a self-employed beautician.
In addition to her husband, Helen is survived by a son: Robert L., wife of Sharon J. Weitzel of Denver, and two sisters: Kathryn I. Weitzel of Denver and Ruth K. Sweigart of Greenville.
She was preceded in death by a grandson: Jesse L. Weitzel; three brothers: Paul, Ernest R. and John C. Weitzel and a sister: Grace M. Schmeck.
Memorial services will be held Oct. 16 at 7 p.m. at the Swamp Christian Fellowship Church, 390 Swamp Church Road, Reinholds, with Pastor Craig Snow officiating. Interment will be private at the convenience of the family.
Memorial contributions in Helen’s memory may be made to Swamp Christian Fellowship Church c/o willing workers, 390 Swamp Church Rd., Reinholds, PA 17569.
Arrangements by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.