- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Helen Lein, 103, former resident
Helen E. Hertzler Lein, 103, of Lancaster, formerly of Bowmansville, died Tuesday, June 21, 2011 at Calvary Fellowship Homes.
Born in Churchtown, she was the daughter of the late John and Emma F. (Erb) Hertzler. She was preceded in death by her husband, Rev. Harold F. Lein, on Jan. 23, 2005.
Helen was a teacher by training and taught in various areas of the United States, including times as a missionary. Missions and witnessing for Christ were integral to her. She also enjoyed reading, playing piano and Skip-O and was a great hostess to those who came to her home.
Surviving is a stepson: Harold F. Lein Jr., husband of Lucille, of Pittsgrove Township, N.J.; nine stepgrandchildren; 20 stepgreat-grandchildren; and eight stepgreat-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a stepdaughter: Ruthann Everwine on June 12; and six sisters and three brothers.
Funeral services were held June 24 at Christian Fellowship Church with the Rev. Henry Heyermans officiating. Interment took place in Bowmansville Union Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be sent to Christian Fellowship Church.
Online condolences to the family may be posted at groffeckenroth.com.