- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Helen M. Alejko, 86, Ephrata, worked for Lukens, volunteer at Adamstown library
Helen M. Kosakowski Alejko, 86, of Ephrata, formerly of Coatesville, Middlesex, N.J. and Denver, died Sunday, Aug. 24, 2014 at Ephrata Manor.
Born in Philadelphia, she was the daughter of the late Peter and Kazmira (Charlotte) Chrzanzwska Kosakowski and the wife of the late Henry Alejko.
Helen was a former member of St. Stanislaus Kostka Church, Coatesville, and a member of Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Ephrata. She was a graduate of Coatesville High School. Helen worked in the customer service department of Lukens Steel Co. and Dun and Bradstreet. She enjoyed attending Book Clubs, cooking, and traveling. Helen was a member of the Adamstown Women’s Club and a library volunteer in Adamstown.
Helen is survived by her sister-in-law: Frieda Stetsko; nieces: Carol Herzog, Beverly Borton (William), and Andrea Kinsey (John); nephews: Timothy Herzog (Rosalind), Gregg Stetsko; and great nieces and nephews: Alexandra, Laura, Teresa, William, and Claire.
Helen’s memorial mass will be celebrated Friday, Sept. 5, 2014 at 11 a.m. at St. Stanislaus Kostka Church, Coatesville. Visitation will begin at 10:30 a.m. Interment will be in St. Stanislaus Kostka Cemetery, Coatesville.
Arrangements were handled by Wentz Funeral Home, Coatesville. To send online condolences, visit wentzfuneralhome.com