- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Helen Reber, 77, Stevens, egg handler, Dart retiree
Helen Reber, 77, of Stevens, passed away Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at Hospice of Lancaster County after a lengthy illness. She was the wife of Richard Reber and daughter of the late Harry E. and Mary (Getz) Hornberger.
Helen was baptized in the Lutheran faith. She worked as an egg handler and retired from Dart Container in Leola in 1998 after 25 years of employment. She was a loving mother and grandmother and will be missed by all.
In addition to her husband, Helen is survived by four daughters: Janice, wife of Barry Shiffler, of Mohnton; Freda, wife of Randy Schrock, of Ephrata; Dawn Hoffmaster, of Manheim; and Sherry, wife of Jeffrey Gregory, of Ephrata; a son: Terry Reber, of Dillsburg; seven grandchildren; and 15 great-grandchildren.
Also surviving are two sisters: Vera, wife of Garry Wike, of Stevens; and Marlene Clement of Florida.
Helen was preceded in death by her sisters: Irene, Hazel, Violet, Lorraine and Marguite; a brother that died during birth; and two grandchildren: Jason Shiffler and Donald Lance Schrock.
Funeral services were held on May 21 at Paul L. Gravenor Home for Funerals, Ephrata, with the Rev. Timothy L. Craven officiating. Place of interment was Mellingers Cemetery, Schoeneck.
Donations in Helen’s memory may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
To offer condolences, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.