- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
- Cool lineup!
Howard E. Hilbush, 90, WWII vet, loved outdoors
Howard E. Hilbush, 90, Mohnton, died June 6, 2013, in Denver Nursing & Rehab. Center, Stevens.
Born in Uniontown, Dauphin County, he was a son of the late Robert W. and Anna M. (Witmer) Hilbush. His wife, Beatrice R. (Pordham) Hilbush, died Sept. 28, 1992.
Howard was a WWII Coast Guard veteran and belonged to Wyomissing UCC, Gouglersville. He worked for Carpenter Technologies for over 40 years. Howard was a loving, supportive man, especially in his role as uncle. He loved the outdoors, hunting, fishing, golfing and playing cards. He was a lifetime member of Mohnton Fish & Game Association and Gouglersville Fire Company. Other memberships include Mohnton Fire Company, Mohnton VFW, 18th Ward Democratic Club, Treverton Rod & Gun Club and Manor Golf Course.
Surviving are a sister: Anna M. Novik, Sodius Point, N.Y.; brother: Joseph Hilbush, Madison, Mich.; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Services were held June 11 from Good Funeral Home, Reamstown, with burial in Wyomissing Cemetery.
Rather than flowers, contributions can be made to PA Federation of Sportmen’s Clubs, 2426 N. 2nd St., Harrisburg, PA 17110. For online condolences, visit goodfuneral.com.