- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Howard M. Yerger, Jr., 68, vending machine mechanic
Howard M. Yerger, Jr., 68, of Ephrata, passed away Friday, Nov. 8, 2013 at Ephrata Community Hospital.
He was the husband of Susan E. (Stringer) Yerger and son of the late Howard M. Yerger, Sr. and Florence (Leibensperger) Yerger.
Howard was a vending machine mechanic for Aramark until 2003 and was currently employed by Rohrer’s Quarry in Lititz.
In addition to his wife, Susan, Howard is survived by five children: Thomas C. Trate, husband of Heidi, of Chambersburg; Scott Yerger, husband of Stacy, of Reading; Dawn, wife of William Hopkins of Ephrata; Yvette M. Yerger of Muhlenberg and Kira Yerger of Muhlenberg; 13 grandchildren; one sister: Mary Lou (Yerger) Lord of Florida; two brothers: Richard Yerger, husband of Shirley, of Schuylkill County and Larry Yerger of Windsor Twp.
In addition to his parents, Howard was preceded in death by a brother, Donald Yerger.
Funeral services will be held at Paul L. Gravenor Home For Funerals, 100 W. Main St., Ephrata, at 6 p.m. Nov. 15 with the Rev. (Father Heather) Kurtz officiating.
Interment will be private at the convenience of the family.
To offer your condolences visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.