- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Howard S. Wharton, 73, Wilton Armetale retiree
Howard S. Wharton, 73, of Newmanstown, died in his home on March 19, 2013. He was the husband of Janet Sites Wharton. He was born in Lancaster on Oct. 10, 1939 and was the son of the late Paul and Bertha Walstrum Simmons. He was a retired employee of Wilton Armetale of Mt. Joy.
Surviving in addition to his wife, is a daughter: Linda, wife of Brad Boltz of Newmanstown; two step daughters: Kathy Miller of Newmanstown; and Tina Pieffer of Easton; six grandchildren; four great grandchildren; sister: Sue Geesaman of Newmanstown; brother: Darryl L. Smith of Newmanstown; and several nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by a brother: Larry Boyer.
Memorial services were held March 25 at St. Luke Lutheran Church, Schaefferstown. Clauser Funeral Homes is handling the arrangements.