- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Howard Weidman, 83, Akron, Hoffman Ind. retiree
Howard Weidman, 83, of Akron, passed away Saturday, Aug. 17, at Maple Farm, Akron.
He was born in Akron to the late Harry and Ella Mae (Weidman) Weidman and was the husband of Rachel (Petersheim) Weidman, with whom he shared 61 years of marriage.
Howard was a loving father, grandfather and great-grandfather. He enjoyed listening to blue grass music. During his working years, he was a steel worker for Hoffman Industries for 35 years before retiring in 1992.
In addition to his wife, Howard is survived by his five children: Carol, wife of Ken Andreas of Berks County; Ray, husband of Judi Weidman of Virginia; Kathy, wife of Steve Carvell of Lititz; Judy, wife John Fansler of Lancaster; Doreen, wife of Dennis Deamer of Akron; 11 grandchildren and 13 great-grandchildren.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by one grandchild and his three brothers: Lester, Warren and Leon Weidman.
A viewing will be held Aug. 22 from 9 to 10 a.m. at the Hope United Methodist Church, 3474 Rothsville Road, Ephrata, followed by funeral services at 10 a.m., with Pastor Victor Pronesti officiating. Interment will take place in the Mt. Zion Evangelical Cemetery, Akron.
Memorial contributions in Howard’s memory may be made to Ephrata Cancer Center, 460 North Reading Road Ephrata, PA 17522.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.