- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Ida R. Garman, 75, Ephrata, self-employed seamstress, enjoyed camping
Ida R. Garman, 75, of Ephrata, passed away Thursday, June 19, 2014, at Lancashire Hall.
She was born in Ephrata to the late Clayton and Magdalena (Rutt) Burkholder and was the wife of John Garman with whom she shared 54 years of marriage.
Ida was a member of Metzler Mennonite Church. She was a self-employed seamstress. She was a part of the sewing circle and Praying Hands Sunday school class. She enjoyed camping, sewing, gardening and walking.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by two sons: J. Douglas, husband of Jill N. (Martin) Garman of Stevens, Jay Scott, husband of Jodi (Stauffer) Garman of Stevens; a daughter: Patricia J., wife of Ray L. Good of Ephrata; six grandsons and four granddaughters; five brothers: Leroy R. Burkholder of Ephrata, Lloyd R. Burkholder of Lancaster, Willis R., husband of Anna Mary Burkholder of Stevens, Clair R., husband of Verna Burkholder of Myerstown, Carl R., husband of Nora Burkholder of N.Y.; two sisters: Edith Nolt of Ephrata and Earla, wife of Earl Martin of Robesonia.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by a brother: Levi Burkholder; and a sister: Alta Sensenig.
Services were held June 23 at Metzler Mennonite Church, Ephrata, with Rev. Richard Buch and Rev. Nevin Horning officiating. Interment took place in the Metzler Mennonite Cemetery.
If desired, memorial contributions in Ida’s memory may be made to Caring Hospice Services, 101 Good Dr., Lancaster, PA 17603.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.