- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Ida Steely, 95, Ephrata Red Cross volunteer, retiree of Denver Shoe
She was born in Lancaster County to the late Edward and Ida (Petticoffer) Kopp and was the wife of the late Vernon Steely who passed away in 1987.
Ida was a member of the Grace Fellowship Church, Ephrata. She volunteered for Red Cross in the Ephrata area and was a member of the Lititz Senior Center. During her working years, she worked for Wilbur Chocolate, Brunnerville Grocery Store and then retired from Denver Shoe Store.
She is survived by two sons: Clifford K., husband of Barbara (Fitzgerald) Steely of Ephrata; Vernon Jr., husband of Darlene (Weachter) Steely of Mt. Airy; five grandchildren; three great-grandchildren and five great-great grandchildren.
In addition to her husband and parents, she is preceded in death by a grandson; six brothers and four sisters.
A funeral was held Nov. 25, 2013 at the Stradling Funeral Home, Ephrata, with Pastor Frank Rice officiating. Interment took place in the Memory Gardens Memorial Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in Ida’s memory may be made to the Wounded Warrior Project, 4899 Belfort Road, Suite 300, Jacksonville, FL 32256.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.