- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Iva Myer, 96, Hess Shoe Co. employee, Grace EC member
Iva M. Myer, 96, formerly of Akron, passed away Monday, Nov. 26, 2012, at Luther Acres where she lived for the past seven years.
She was born in Manheim Township to the late William and Iva (Myers) Martin and was the wife of the late Clarence M. Myer, who died Feb. 2008.
She was a member of the Grace EC Church, Akron, where she and her husband were long time custodians. During her working years, Iva worked at the former Miller Hess Shoe Co., and Brownstown Vo-Tech. She also volunteered her time at the Ephrata Hospital and cooked for Meals on Wheels.
Iva is survived by her children: Nevin L., husband of Jean (Burkins) Myer of Lititz, Larry G., husband of Linda (Roth) Myer of Ephrata, Ann M., wife of Ralph W. Roseboro of Reinholds, Clarence M. Jr., husband of Anne Marie (Collier) Myer of Mechanicsburg; nine grandchildren and 16 great grandchildren.
In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by a daughter: Joan Kilhefner; and a grandson: Brian Kilhefner; three brothers; and three sisters. Iva is the last of her immediate family.
A viewing will be held on Thursday, Nov. 29, from 10 to 11 a.m. at the Grace EC Church, N. 7th St., Akron, followed by her funeral service with Rev. Leslie Cool officiating. Interment will take place in the Mt. Zion Evangelical Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Iva’s memory may be made to Grace EC Church, PO Box 235, Akron, PA 17501, or Luther Acres, 600 E. Main St., Lititz, PA 17543.
Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.
Arrangements by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Denver.