- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Ivan Martin, GreenDragon standholder
Ivan N. Martin, 70, of Ephrata, went to meet his Lord and Savior Friday, Dec. 23, 2011 at Ephrata Community Hospital.
He was born in Lancaster County to the late Christian and Anna (Nolt) Martin and was the husband of Laura (High) Martin, to whom he shared 50 years of marriage.
Ivan was a member of Reamstown Church of God, Stevens, he had a stand at the Green Dragon, enjoyed attending sales, deep sea fishing and boating and was a Phillies fan. During his early working years he was a silo contractor and later a pharmaceutical products production worker for the West Company, Lititz.
In addition to his wife, Ivan is survived by three daughters: Karen F., wife of Ken Fox, of Stevens; Cindy J. Martin, of Dallas, Texas, Donna M., wife of James Horning, of Ephrata; nine grandchildren; one great-granddaughter; three brothers, Melvin, husband of Arlene (Hurst) Martin, of New York; Irvin, husband of Rachel (Hoover) Martin, of Newville; Christian Jr., husband of Edna (Shirk) Martin, of Hagerstown, Md.; and two sisters: Elizabeth, wife of Melvin Wenger, of Denver, and Anna Mae, wife of Clarence Martin, of New York.
He was preceded in death by a brother: Clayton Martin; and sister: Mabel Horst.
Funeral services will be held on Dec. 29 at 10 a.m. at Reamstown Church of God, 400 Pfautz Hill Road, Stevens, with Pastor Arthur Karick officiating. Interment will take place in the Fairview Cemetery Annex.
If desired, memorial contributions in Ivan’s memory may be made to Reamstown Church of God, 400 Pfautz Hill Road, Stevens, PA 17578.
Arrangements are being made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.