- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Jadon Dimitris, 7 1/2 months, enjoyed story time
Jadon A. Dimitris, 7 1/2 months, of Denver, went to be with Jesus and his sister, Ruthie, on Thursday evening, Nov. 24, 2011 at Ephrata Community Hospital.
Born in Houston, Texas, on April 11, he was the son of Derrick A. and Sarah J. Miller Dimitris, of Denver. His parents attend Immanuel Free Reformed Church in Schoeneck.
Jadon enjoyed interacting with people, being talked and sung to and having stories read to him. He endeared his family and his nurses to himself with his bright smiles and adoring eyes. He was a stubborn fighter, but now he can finally rest in Jesus’ arms.
In addition to his parents, Jadon is survived by a brother: Derrick Allen Dimitris Jr.; and a sister: Maryann F. Dimitris, both at home; his maternal grandparents: Jim and Carol Bowman Miller, of Palmyra; paternal grandfather: Harold "Butch" Dimitris, of Lancaster; paternal grandmother: Margaret J. Pugh Dimitris, of Philadelphia; maternal great- grandparents: Henry and Ruth Bowman, of Lititz; and paternal great-grandfather: William H. Pugh, of Florida.
Jadon was preceded in death by a sister: Ruth Kathryn Dimitris, in 2007; maternal great- grandparents: Paul and Kathryn Miller; paternal great-grandfather: Harold Dimitris Sr.; and paternal great-grandmother: Sandra Axe.
A funeral service was held at Chiques Church of the Brethren, Manheim, on Nov. 29, with Pastors William Einwechter, Scott Head, Ron Strickler and Myron Stoltzfus officiating. Interment will be in the adjoining cemetery.
If desired, contributions may be made in Jadon’s memory to Ronald McDonald House of Central Pennsylvania, 745 West Governor Road, Hershey, PA 17033.
For additional information, visit spencefuneralservices.com.