- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
James Dull, 74, well-known baseball coach, Dart retiree
James L. Dull, 74, of Rothsville, passed away Monday, April 30, 2012 at Hospice of Lancaster County.
He was born in Lancaster County to the late James and Irene Weit and was the husband of the late L. Darlene (Zwally) Dull, who died July 25, 2005.
A 1955 graduate of the Ephrata High School, he worked at Dart Container, Leola, until his retirement. He was an avid baseball player and coach. James enjoyed bowling, fishing, hunting and golf. He was a member of the Ephrata Lodge B.P.O. Elks #1933 since 2007.
James is survived by three sons: James B., husband of Donna (Boyer) Dull, of Ephrata; Jeffrey S., husband of Marci (Hoover) Dull, of Akron; and John M. Dull, companion of Kim Nauman, of Akron; his fiancee: Rosie Klugston; and two grandchildren: Marcy Dull and Austin Nauman.
In addition to his wife, he was preceded in death by his grandson: Derrick Dull; brother: Jerry Dull; and sisters: Betty Brumbach and Erla Ober.
His memorial service was held on May 7 at the Stradling Funeral Home, Akron, with Pastor Tom Weber officiating.
Memorial contributions in James’s memory may be made to Fight On Foundation, 200 N. Maple St., Ephrata, Pa 17522 or The Ephrata War Memorial Association, P.O. Box 264, Ephrata, PA 17522.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.