- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
James H. Buffenmyer Sr., 74, welder, chime maker
James H. Buffenmyer Sr., 74, of Ephrata, passed away after a lengthy illness Tuesday, May 29, 2012 at his home.
He was born in Rothsville to the late Nathan and Edna (Adams) Buffenmyer and was the husband of Wanda M. (Flowers) Buffenmyer, with whom he shared 41 years of marriage.
James enjoyed making wind chimes and loved to go fishing. During his working years he was a welder.
In addition to his wife, James is survived by twin daughters: Tina, wife of Gary Hedrick Jr., of Mohnton; and Zina, wife of Christopher Martin, of Ephrata; a son: James H. Jr., husband of Rebecca (Moyer) Buffenmyer, of Denver; seven grandchildren: Shane, Kayla, Andrew, Logan, Johnathan, Cohen and Vincent; three sisters: Velma Goshert, of Denver; Pat, wife of Gary Gipe, of Denver; and Donna, wife of John Willwerth, of New Holland; and a brother: Richard Buffenmyer, of Ephrata.
Funeral services will be private at the convenience of the family.
Memorial contributions in James’s memory may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County, P. O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
Arrangements are being made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.