- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
James Jared Humphrey, 36, building contractor
James Jared Humphrey, 36, of Denver, died unexpectedly Tuesday, April 2, 2013 in Lynchburg, Va.
Born in Lancaster, he was the son of James D. Humphrey of Lynchburg, Va. and Dorothy L. (Ford), married to David Rissler of Denver.
Jared worked as a specialized building contractor.
Surviving in addition to his parents are 11 brothers and sisters: Shannon, married to Raymond Knarr III of Reinholds; Laura Phelps of Lynchburg, Va.; Aaron, married to Krista (Hoover) Humphrey of Reinholds; John, married to Nena (Boose) Humphrey of Terre Hill; Judy, married to Louis Brooks of Ladysmith, Va.; Brenda Greer of Fredericksburg, Va.; Vicky, married to Steven Keys of Ashland, Va.; Rob, married to Deb Rissler of Denver; Todd Rissler of Reinholds; Mark, married to Christi Rissler of Ephrata; and Joanna Rissler of Lititz; a fiancÃ©e: Tanya Baier of Lynchburg, Va.; 18 nieces and nephews; a great nephew; an uncle Paul; and aunts; and many cousins.
Preceding him in death is a brother: James Paul Humphrey; and a nephew: Raymond "Bubba" Knarr.
Funeral services were held April 6 at the Eckenroth Home for Funerals, Terre Hill, with the Reverend Jeremy Leaman officiating. Interment will be in the United Methodist Cemetery of Churchtown at a later date.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Eckenroth Home for Funerals, PO Box 31, 209 E. Main St., Terre Hill, to assist the family with funeral expenses. To send the family online condolences, visit us at groffeckenroth.com.