- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
James S. Van Buskirk, 81, Stevens, retired housing mfg. manager, member of NRA, Scouts
James S. Van Buskirk, 81, of Stevens, entered into eternal rest Sunday, July 27, 2014.
Born April 30, 1933 in Selinsgrove, he was the son of the last William and Mable (McCarty) Van Buskirk. He was preceded in death by his wife, Margaret (Gruber) Van Buskirk from Elkhart, Ind.
He graduated from Selinsgrove High School in 1951 and was retired from management in the manufactured housing industry. Jim was a lifetime member of the National Rifle Association (NRA), Boy Scouts of America and an avid bird watcher.
Surviving are his five children and two daughters-in-law: Jamie S. Van Buskirk of Philadelphia, James E. Van Buskirk, of Westcliffe, Colo., Kevin J. and Brenda Van Buskirk of Stevens , Curtis L. and Maria Van Buskirk of Garnet Valley, and Kay L. Van Buskirk, Denver; three grandsons: Jason Van Buskirk, of Stevens, Zachary Williams and his wife Brittany, of Manheim, and SPC Joshua Williams of Hinesville, Ga.; three great-grandchildren: Gracie, Joshua and Jacquelynn: one brother and sister-in-law: Robert and Sandra Van Buskirk of Dover; a sister: Alice Wertz of Northumberland; and many nieces and nephews.
Private services will be held. Arrangements by Auer Cremation Services of Pa., Inc.