- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Annual spring sale for Adamstown book worms
Jane Gockley, 75, was Bollman Hat Co. retiree
Jane E. Gockley, 75, of Mohnton, died Monday, Oct. 15, 2012 at Ephrata Community Hospital after a brief illness.
Born in Terre Hill, she was the daughter of the late William and Grace (Bair) Leaman.
She worked in various textile mills for many years before retiring from Bollman Hat Company as a lead person. After her retirement, she worked for 10 years as a receptionist for Turner Buick in New Holland.
Jane enjoyed cooking, sewing, word puzzles and spending time with her family.
Surviving are three children: Paula Snader, of Ephrata; Kenneth L. Gockley, of Stevens; and Pamela S. Gockley, wife of Dean B. Hornberger of Reading; two grandchildren: Madeline Snader and Benjamin, husband of Rachel (Barrett) Snader, both of Ephrata; three great grandchildren; two half sisters: Barbara Schmuck and Patricia Leaman; and two half brothers: William Leaman and Roy Leaman.
Preceding her in death is a brother: Donald Leaman.
A memorial graveside service will be held Oct. 19 at 11 a.m. at the Weaverland Old Order Mennonite Cemetery with the Rev. Wilmer Leaman officiating.
To send the family online condolences, visit groffeckenroth.com. Arrangements are being made by Eckenroth Home for Funerals, Terre Hill.