- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Janet Krebs-Messer, singer, manager at Bombergers
Janet E. Krebs-Messer, 85, of Ephrata, passed away Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2013 at Hospice & Community Care in Mt. Joy.
She was the wife of John Messer and daughter of the late Clarence and Pearl (Matthews) Linkous. He first husband, the late Preston Krebs, passed away June 28, 1993.
A member of Bethany United Church of Christ in Ephrata, Janet was formerly active in the choir. She was also a member of the Grandview Singers, the Ephrata Women’s Club, and loved music, singing and traveling.
Janet worked for many years at Bombergers in Elm as manager.
In addition to her husband, John, Janet is survived by a daughter: J. Catherine Krebs Lesperance; a son: Larry D. Krebs, husband of Cecil (Keck) Krebs and a grandson: Alexander Krebs, all of Ephrata and a sister: Mary Johnson of Delta.
In addition to her first husband, Preston, and her parents, Janet was preceded in death by a son: Ricky Preston Krebs and two brothers: Robert and Paul Linkous.
Friends will be received at Paul L. Gravenor Home For Funerals, 100 W. Main St., Ephrata, Oct. 19 from 9 to 10 a.m. Funeral services will follow at 10 a.m. with the Rev. Alan Yudt officiating. Interment will be private at the convenience of the family.
To offer your condolences, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.