- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Janet S. Horst, Ephrata native
Janet S. Horst, 63 of Port Trevorton, died Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at her residence.
She was the wife of the late Curvin S. Horst, who preceded her Sept. 19, 2003. Janet was born Sept. 20, 1949 in Ephrata, and was a daughter of Lilly (Stauffer) Martin of Elkhorn, Ky. and the late Irvin Z. Martin.
She was a member of Stauffer’s Old Order Mennonite Church at Riverview, Liverpool.
In addition to her mother, Janet is survived by eight children: Michelle Brubaker and husband Darvin of Denver; Keith Horst and wife Kathy (Graver) of Stevens; Christel Leibenguth and husband Rodney of Bernville; Gregory Horst and wife Melanie (Yoder) of New Canada, Maine; Brent Horst of Ephrata; Michael Horst of Middletown; Heather Riehl and husband John of Paradise and Amy Horst of New Canada, Maine; 19 grandchildren; a brother and sister-in-law: Russell and Barbara Martin of Elkhorn, Ky.; two sisters: Carolyn Showalter, wife of Rodney of Mt. Pleasant Mills and Linda Stauffer, wife of Frank of Tunas, Mo.; a brother-in-law: Thomas Wenger of Tunas, Mo. and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded by a son: Merle Horst: two grandchildren and a sister: Charlotte Wenger.
Friends and family attended funeral services July 22 at Mountain View School and Stauffer’s Old Order Mennonite Church at Riverview. Burial was in the adjoining church cemetery.