- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Jared Lee Gehman, 17, senior at Terre Hill Mennonite H.S., had strong faith and vibrant personality
Jared Lee Gehman, 17, of Reinholds, drowned Thursday, May 8, 2014 while snorkeling at Grand Anse Beach in Grenada with his classmates on their senior class trip.
Born in Ephrata he was the son of Nelson L. and Dorita (Fry) Gehman. He was scheduled to graduate on May 23 from the Terre Hill Mennonite High School.
He was a member of Cornerstone Mennonite Church. He loved people and spending time with his friends. He had a vibrant and warm personality and a sincere love for the Lord. He will be deeply missed by all of us.
Surviving in addition to his parents; is a sister: Laura (age 20); brothers: Wayne (age 11), and Lewis (age 10), all at home; paternal grandparents: Leroy and Susie (Good) Gehman of Reinholds; and his maternal grandmother: A. Charlene (Miller) Fry, widow of John R. Fry of Watsontown.
Funeral services will be held on Thursday, May 15 at 10 a.m. at the Weaverland Mennonite Church, 210 Weaverland Valley Road, East Earl with the Reverend Clair Martin and the Reverend Christopher Lapp officiating. Interment will be in the Bowmansville Mennonite Cemetery. Viewing will be held at the Weaverland Mennonite Church on Wednesday 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m. and one hour prior to the service.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Terre Hill Mennonite High School, 1416 Union Grove Rd., Terre Hill, PA 17581.
To send the family online condolences visit us at groffeckenroth.com. Arrangements by Eckenroth Home for Funerals, Terre Hill.