- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
- Cool lineup!
Jay Robert Martin, 79, owned trucking business
Jay Robert Martin, 79, of Farmington, Conn., died Wednesday, Nov. 20, 2013, after a two-year sickness of end-stage renal disease.
He was born in Ephrata to the late Aaron S. and Edna (Shenk) Martin.
Bob graduated from Lancaster Mennonite High School in 1952. He served his alternate service at the Connecticut Valley Hospital, where he met his wife, Vera P., on a blind date. In June they celebrated their 56th wedding anniversary. Bob started a trucking business, Bow Way Express, which is now being run by his daughter, Darlyne.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by two sons: Kyle, husband of Oksana Martin of Sun Vale, Calif.; Jay, husband of Kathy Martin of North Granby, Conn.; a daughter: Darlyne Jackson, wife of the late Bill Jackson of North Granby, Conn.; seven grandchildren; three siblings: Kenneth E., husband of Mary Schnupp Martin of Brewton, Ala.; Rhoda, wife of the late Clarence L. Weaver of Lititz and Edith, wife of the late John R. Schnupp of Ephrata.
A viewing will be held Nov. 29, from 5 to 8 p.m., at the Carmon Funeral Home, 301 Country Club Rd., Avon, Conn. The funeral service will be held Nov. 30, at the St. Cyryl Methodius Church, Terryville, Conn.