- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Jay Robert Martin, 79, owned trucking business
Jay Robert Martin, 79, of Farmington, Conn., died Wednesday, Nov. 20, 2013, after a two-year sickness of end-stage renal disease.
He was born in Ephrata to the late Aaron S. and Edna (Shenk) Martin.
Bob graduated from Lancaster Mennonite High School in 1952. He served his alternate service at the Connecticut Valley Hospital, where he met his wife, Vera P., on a blind date. In June they celebrated their 56th wedding anniversary. Bob started a trucking business, Bow Way Express, which is now being run by his daughter, Darlyne.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by two sons: Kyle, husband of Oksana Martin of Sun Vale, Calif.; Jay, husband of Kathy Martin of North Granby, Conn.; a daughter: Darlyne Jackson, wife of the late Bill Jackson of North Granby, Conn.; seven grandchildren; three siblings: Kenneth E., husband of Mary Schnupp Martin of Brewton, Ala.; Rhoda, wife of the late Clarence L. Weaver of Lititz and Edith, wife of the late John R. Schnupp of Ephrata.
A viewing will be held Nov. 29, from 5 to 8 p.m., at the Carmon Funeral Home, 301 Country Club Rd., Avon, Conn. The funeral service will be held Nov. 30, at the St. Cyryl Methodius Church, Terryville, Conn.