- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Jean Rissinger, Ephrata Manor, church pianist
Jean L. Rissinger, 90, formerly of Mt. Aetna, died Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2012 at Ephrata Manor, Ephrata.
She was the widow of the Rev. Thomas F. Rissinger who died Sept. 4, 1994. Born in Harrisburg Aug. 18, 1922, she was the daughter of the late Paul L. and Dola V. (Snyder) Christian.
She was a 1940 graduate of Treverton High School. A member of St. John’s Church, Mt. Aetna, she had been the organist at her husband’s churches including St. Paul’s United Church of Christ, Gowen City; and pianist at Christ United Church of Christ, Helfenstein; Trinity United Church of Christ, Treverton; and St. John’s Church, Mt. Aetna. She was also a member of the Women of St. John’s Church, Mt. Aetna and the Blue Mountain 50 Plus Club of Bethel.
She is survived by a son: Randal T., husband of Sally Rissinger, of Manheim; grandchildren: Troy husband of Robyn Rissinger, of Rothsville; Sherri Longstaff, of Ocean City, N.J.; step-grandson: Brian A. Young, of Elizabethtown; great-grandchildren: Matthew, Emma and Isaac Rissinger and Travis, Garret, and Stone Longstaff; and step-great-grandchildren: Amber R. and Autumn R. Young.
She was preceded in death by a brother: Kenneth E. Brubaker in 1982.
Funeral services were held Oct. 29, 2012 at 11 a.m. at St. John’s Church, Mt. Aetna. Interment was held at Odd Fellows Cemetery, Shamokin.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Pennsylvanians Concerned About Alcohol Problems, 900 S. Arlington Ave., Harrisburg, PA 17109 or St. John’s Church, P.O. Box 195, Mt. Aetna, PA 19544.
Grose Funeral Home, Myerstown has been entrusted with the arrangements. For more information, visit grosefuneralhome.com.