- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Jeffrey T. Christman, 62, Vietnam vet, retail worker
Jeffrey T. Christman, 62, of Akron, passed away peacefully Tuesday, July 16, 2013, at the VA Hospital in Lebanon with loved ones at his side.
He was born in Bethlehem, son of the late Edwin and Jean (Mackay) Christman. He was the husband of Susan Henson, of Akron.
Upon graduating from high school, he enlisted in the United States Army and served honorably in Vietnam. After serving, he made a career in retailing, having worked at Hess’s and Bocov’s Department Stores.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by a sister: Diane, wife of Irwin Greenburg of Schnecksville; cousins: Scott Christman and wife, Louise, of Coopersburg; and Terry Christman and wife, Marge, of Allentown; a niece: Randi and two nephews: Steven and Keith.
A viewing was held July 22 at the Stradling Funeral Home, Akron, followed by his funeral service. Interment was in the Bethlehem Memorial Park, 1851 Linden St., Bethlehem, PA 18017, with military honors.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in Jeffrey’s memory to the General Post Acct. (#8101), VA Medical Center, Volunteer Services (10-V), 1700 S. Lincoln Avenue, Lebanon, PA 17042.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.