- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Joan Hinton, 75, Bollman Hat Company stitcher
Joan Hinton, 75, of West Reading, formerly of Johnstown and Ephrata, passed away Thursday, May 16, 2013 at Spruce Manor Nursing Home.
Her husband, the late Ronald J. Hinton, passed away in 2005.
Joan was born in Johnstown and was the daughter of the late Earl H. and B. Ruth (Ulerich) Bowers. She was a member of Salem Lutheran Church in Lincoln-Ephrata, and worked as a Stitcher for Bollman Hat Company in Adamstown.
Joan is survived by two daughters: Debra, wife of James Ison of Windsor; and Michele, wife of Troy Good of Ephrata; one son: Dave Hinton, husband of Judy of Denver; five grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by a brother: Daniel Bowers.
Funeral services will be private at the convenience of the family and are under the care of Paul L. Gravenor Home For Funerals, Ephrata, PA.
To offer your condolences visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com