- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Joan Hinton, 75, Bollman Hat Company stitcher
Joan Hinton, 75, of West Reading, formerly of Johnstown and Ephrata, passed away Thursday, May 16, 2013 at Spruce Manor Nursing Home.
Her husband, the late Ronald J. Hinton, passed away in 2005.
Joan was born in Johnstown and was the daughter of the late Earl H. and B. Ruth (Ulerich) Bowers. She was a member of Salem Lutheran Church in Lincoln-Ephrata, and worked as a Stitcher for Bollman Hat Company in Adamstown.
Joan is survived by two daughters: Debra, wife of James Ison of Windsor; and Michele, wife of Troy Good of Ephrata; one son: Dave Hinton, husband of Judy of Denver; five grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by a brother: Daniel Bowers.
Funeral services will be private at the convenience of the family and are under the care of Paul L. Gravenor Home For Funerals, Ephrata, PA.
To offer your condolences visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com