- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
- Cool lineup!
Joan Howell, 80, Galens employee
Joan E. Howell, 80, of Stevens, formerly of Ephrata, passed away Monday, Jan. 9, 2012 at Lancaster General Hospital after a brief illness.
Joan was born in Ephrata on Dec. 7, 1931 to the late John and Mae (Stuber) Fry. She was a member of Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in Ephrata. Joan was previously employed by the former W. W. Moyer Co. and most recently worked at Galens of Ephrata, where she was employed for 17 years.
She is survived by her companion of 35 years: Larry Gehr, of Stevens; a daughter: Kimberly Parmer, of Ephrata; a son: Brad Howell, of Illinois; granddaughter: Kristi Burke, of Ephrata; grandson: Dustin Hirneisen, of Ephrata; five other grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and a brother: Carl Fry, husband of Joan Fry, of Ephrata.
Funeral services were held on Jan. 13 at Paul L. Gravenor Home For Funerals, Ephrata, with the Rev. Henry E. Herbener officiating. Interment took place in Mellingers Cemetery, Schoneck.
Donations in Joan’s memory may be made to the American Cancer Society at cancer.org.
To offer condolences, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.