- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Joan R. Summers, 81, owned ceramic shop
Joan R. Summers, 81, of Akron, formerly of Fivepointville, died Sunday, Oct. 27, 2013 at her home.
Born in Voganville, she was the daughter of the late Moses and Agnes (Conrad) Martin. Her husband, Lloyd G. Summers, Jr., died June 19, 2009.
Joan was a homemaker most of her life, however, she did work for a time as a waitress at Wenger’s Restaurant in New Holland and the Town Hall Restaurant in Blue Ball along with owning and operating Joan’s Ceramic Shop in Leola in the 1970s.
She was a member at the Worship Center in Lancaster and enjoyed sewing, crafts, and painting ceramics.
Surviving are two children: Troy, married to Kaleta (Hadley) Summers of Akron and Susan, married to Ray Kunkle of East Earl; seven grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; a great-great grandson and a brother: Kenneth Martin of Ephrata.
Preceding her in death is a son: Kim Summers in 2006.
Private services will be held at the convenience of the family. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Hospice & Community Care, PO Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To send the family online condolences visit groffeckenroth.com.