- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Joan R. Summers, 81, owned ceramic shop
Joan R. Summers, 81, of Akron, formerly of Fivepointville, died Sunday, Oct. 27, 2013 at her home.
Born in Voganville, she was the daughter of the late Moses and Agnes (Conrad) Martin. Her husband, Lloyd G. Summers, Jr., died June 19, 2009.
Joan was a homemaker most of her life, however, she did work for a time as a waitress at Wenger’s Restaurant in New Holland and the Town Hall Restaurant in Blue Ball along with owning and operating Joan’s Ceramic Shop in Leola in the 1970s.
She was a member at the Worship Center in Lancaster and enjoyed sewing, crafts, and painting ceramics.
Surviving are two children: Troy, married to Kaleta (Hadley) Summers of Akron and Susan, married to Ray Kunkle of East Earl; seven grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; a great-great grandson and a brother: Kenneth Martin of Ephrata.
Preceding her in death is a son: Kim Summers in 2006.
Private services will be held at the convenience of the family. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Hospice & Community Care, PO Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To send the family online condolences visit groffeckenroth.com.