- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Joann Schlegel, worked at Doneckers, Dutchmaid, Ephrata Lioness member
Joann L. Schlegel, 79, formerly of Ephrata, died Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013, in Denver Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, Stevens, following a lengthy battle with multiple sclerosis.
Born in Adamstown, a daughter of the late Pierce and Ada (Hoshour) Lesher, her husband Clifford N. Schlegel died Dec. 1, 2003. Joann was a member of Bethany United Church of Christ and worked for Dutchmaid, Inc. and Doneckers, Ephrata. She was a former member of the Ephrata Lioness Club, enjoyed cross stitch, playing pinochle and bingo.
Surviving is a daughter: Debra F. Schlegel, Royersford; sons: Robin L. (Michelle Olein) Schlegel, Lititz and Nevin L. (Carla Garman) Schlegel, Denver; "adopted daughters:" Maureen Gallagher, Royersford and Terri Doyle, Schwenksville; grandchildren: Brinton (Rachel) Schlegel, Felicia (Cord) Earhart, Jillane (Jon) Mable, Heidi Schlegel and Nathan Schlegel; a sister: Mary Ann Fritz, Denver and brothers: Charles (Betty) Lesher, Denver and Pierce (Ethel) Lesher, Adamstown. She was predeceased by brothers: Walter, Fred and Samuel Lesher and Chester Witman.
Funeral services were held Oct. 28 from Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre, Reamstown, with her pastor, The Rev. William J. LaSalle, officiating. Burial was in Bethany Cemetery, Ephrata Township.
Rather than flowers, remember Joann with contributions to Bethany U.C.C., 140 E. Main St., Ephrata, PA 17522; Hospice & Community Care, Box 1425, Lancaster, PA 17604 or the nursing home. For online condolences, visit goodfuneral.com.