- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
JoAnne M. Sheetz, antique dealer, foster care provider
JoAnne M. Sheetz, 75, of Lancaster, formerly of Ephrata, passed away Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at Lancaster General Hospital after a brief illness. She was the wife of Kenneth H. Sheetz and daughter of the late Robert B. and Mildred L. Sweigart.
JoAnne and her husband Ken had an antiques business at Shupps Grove Antiques Market in Adamstown for 21 years.
Through the years she was also employed by Eby Shoe, Ephrata Children’s Shop, Cinderella Knitting, D&E Telephone Company, Maple Farm Nursing Home, and the Leacock, PA Pennsupreme store.
JoAnne was also a daycare and foster care provider.
In addition to her husband Ken, she is survived by a daughter, Abbie Sheetz Knopp of Denver; four sons: Terry L. Dunlap, husband of Jayne, of Shrewsbury; Bradford S. Dunlap, husband of Nancy, of Ephrata; Brandon M. Sheetz of Lancaster; and Eric Sheetz, husband of Lori, of Lancaster; two foster sons: Miguel Spatti and Carlton Carter, both of Lancaster; five grandchildren; two sisters: Sandra L. Stoner of Ephrata; and Gail L., wife of Alton Lorah of Denver; and one brother, Jim Sweigart, husband of Darlene, of Ephrata.
Friends were received at Paul L. Gravenor Home For Funerals on May 6th. Funeral services followed with the Rev. Sadie Pounder officiating. Place of interment was Cedar Hill Cemetery, Ephrata.
Donations in JoAnne’s memory may be made to Gift of Life at donors1.org.
To offer your condolences visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.