- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
John D. Burkholder, 87, Terre Hill, Armstrong retiree, member of Grace Family Church
John D. Burkholder, 87, of Terre Hill, died Wednesday, June 11, 2014 at the Denver Health and Rehabilitation Center.
Born in East Earl Twp., he was the son of the late John W. and Edith (Sensenig) Burkholder. He was married to Kathleen (Horning) Burkholder.
John worked 48 years, retiring in 1991 from Armstrong World Industries in Lancaster where he worked in the paint room and later in the inlaid vinyl floor department. He was a member of Grace Family Church in New Holland.
Surviving in addition to his wife are two sons: Barry L., married to Carolyn Burkholder of New Holland, and Earl Eugene, married to Ruth Burkholder of Ephrata; a granddaughter: Linda; two step grandsons; two great-grandchildren; five step-great grandchildren; and five brothers and sisters: Marlin, married to Katie Burkholder of Harleysville, Dorothy, married to Earl Sensenig of Akron, Roy, married to Helen Burkholder of Lititz, Lois, married to Earl Hostetter of Lititz, and Samuel, married to Naomi Burkholder of Lititz.
Preceding him in death are two sisters: Edith Burkholder and Mae Moyer.
A memorial service was held June 16 at Grace Family Church, New Holland, with the Reverend Tim Hodge officiating. Interment was in the Terre Hill Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Grace Family Church, 415 S. Kinzer Ave., New Holland, PA 17557, to benefit the Children’s Camp Scholarship Fund.
To send the family online condolences, visit groffeckenroth.com. Arrangements by Eckenroth Home for Funerals, Terre Hill.