- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
John Hagedal, cook, self-contractor
John Hagedal, 59, of Ephrata, passed away Friday, Aug. 19, 2011 at Lancaster General Hospital.
He was born in Brooklyn to the late John and Catherine (Maslo) Hagedal and was the husband of Sylvia (Cressman) Hagedal, to whom he shared 39 years of marriage.
John was a member of the Cocalico Sportsmen’s Association. He enjoyed fishing, antiques and woodworking projects. He worked as a self contractor and was a cook for a personal care home.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by two daughters: Shelley M., wife of Glen Keifer, of Ephrata; Jaime L., wife of Timothy Hertzog, of Ephrata; a granddaughter: Caitlyn Hertzog; and a sister: Abby Baudille, of Weatherly.
He was preceded in death by a brother: Charles Neff.
Services will be private at the convenience of the family.
Memorial contributions in John’s memory may be made to American Cancer Society-Lancaster County Unit, 314 Good Drive, Lancaster, PA 17603.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.