- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
John ‘Jack’ Moyer, 82, Ephrata grad and school district business manager, Air Force vet
John “Jack” Moyer, 82, of Ephrata and Surfside Beach, S.C., passed away Wednesday, April 23, 2014, at his home in Pennsylvania.
Born in Ephrata, he was the son of the late John H. Moyer and Erma (Artz) Moyer. He was the husband of Dolores (Stark) Moyer.
Jack was a graduate of Ephrata High School and the University of Maryland. He served as an officer in the U.S. Air Force after which he was employed by the American Agriculture Chemical Company in Baltimore MD. In 1970, the family moved to Ephrata and Jack was business manager for the Ephrata School District and later for the Donegal School District.
Jack is survived by three children: Jodee Laukhuff, wife of Ken Laukhuff of South Carolina; John E. Moyer, fiancé of Carol Enemark of Virginia; and Jaclyn Pierson, wife of Thomas Pierson of New Jersey; and three grandchildren: Ariadna Moyer, Christopher Pierson and Abigail Pierson.
The funeral will be held at the Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in Ephrata with Pastor Henry E. Herbener presiding on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 11 a.m. with a viewing prior to the service at 10:30 a.m. Interment will take place in the Schaefferstown Cemetery.
Jack established a scholarship in memory of his parents, the John H. Moyer and Erma A. Moyer Memorial Scholarship Trust of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Holy Trinity. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the scholarship fund at: Holy Trinity Lutheran Church (memo: Moyer scholarship), 167 E. Main Street, Ephrata, PA 17522.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/ Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.