- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
John Martin, Ephrata, Martin Mulch owner
John R. Martin, 63, of Ephrata, went home to be with his Lord Thursday, Nov. 17, 2011.
Born in Ephrata, he was the son of Rufus and Bertha (Rissler) Martin of Ephrata. He was married to Lena W. (Nolt) for 41 years.
He will be greatly missed by his family, friends and community. John was a member of Centerville Mennonite Church, Martindale. He was the owner of Martin Mulch Products.
Besides his wife and parents, John is survived by his nine children and 33 grandchildren: Donna, of Akron; Lois, husband of Michael Seibel, of Pittsgrove, N.J.; Timothy, husband of Marelda (Seibel), of Ephrata; Joel, husband of Sara (Herr), of Stevens; Jonathan, husband of Erla (Eby), of Lancaster; Rhoda, wife of Jonathan Graybill, of Denver; Judith, wife of Michael Burkholder, of Denver; Sara, of Ephrata; and a foster son: Alvin Russell, husband of Beth (Garman), of Bridgeton, N.J.
He was preceded in death by one brother: Aaron Martin. He is survived by two brothers and two sisters: Ivan Martin, of Farmersville; Rufus Martin Jr., of Ephrata; Anna Weaver, of New Holland; and Martha Martin, of Ephrata.
Funeral services were held on Nov. 21 at the Martindale Mennonite Reception Center, with the Centerville Ministry will be officiating. Interment took place at the Centerville Mennonite Church Cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.