- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
John Mohn, CHS grad, electrician
John Richard Mohn, 65, of Lancaster, passed away unexpectedly Tuesday, Jan. 3, 2012 at the West Reading Hospital.
Born in Reading, he was the son of the late John Paul and Jean (Raffensperger) Mohn. John was the loving husband of Joyce (Good) Mohn, with whom he celebrated 41 years of marriage.
John attended Stevens Elementary School for two years, which was a one-room school house, and attended Reamstown Elementary School. He was a 1964 graduate of Cocalico High School. John worked as an electrician at Yarnell Security Systems. He was a lifetime member of the National Rifle Association. John was an avid golfer, enjoyed music, loved reading Tom Clancy novels and enjoyed playing with his grandchildren.
In addition to his wife, John is survived by a daughter: Bethann, wife of Robert Greenawalt, of Florida; a son: Nathan, husband of Jamie Mohn, of Ephrata; four grandchildren: Eliana and Jordan Mohn and Emma and Caleb Greenawalt; and a sister: Marie Mohn, of Lititz.
A celebration of life service was held on Jan. 7 at Grace Baptist Church, Lancaster, with Pastor Marvin Reich officiating. Interment will be private at Landis Valley Mennonite Cemetery.
To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.