- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
John S. Trechel, Sperry retiree, ballroom dancer
John S. Trechel, 90, of Akron, left us to be with the Lord Wednesday, Oct. 2, 2013 at home.
He was the husband of the late Bettie Trechel who died Dec. 14, 2012.
He worked as a pattern maker for New Holland Machine Co., retiring after 35 years when it was then known as Sperry New Holland Co.
John loved working with wood and restoring furniture and lights, which was his way of bringing something back to life again. He and his wife loved to travel in their time and were able to see a good part of this world; they also loved ballroom dancing and belonged to three dance clubs. He was a lifetime member of the Ephrata Elks Lodge #1933.
Surviving are a son: Tom, husband of Sherrie Trechel, Atlantic Beach, Fla. and a granddaughter: Lorah Lynn Parker. He was preceded in death by a brother: Eugene Trechel; a sister: Julia Lebo.
A funeral will be held Oct. 8 at 11 a.m. from the Furman Home for Funerals, 59 W. Main St., Leola, with interment following in Brownstown Cemetery. Friends may call from 10 to 11 a.m. at the funeral home.
Kindly omit flowers. Memorials welcomed to AseraCare Hospice, 315 Primrose Lane, Ste. 101, Mountville, PA 17554.