- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
John Weaver, 76, Boeing Aircraft retiree, woodworker
John J. Weaver, 76, formerly of Ephrata, passed away Wednesday, May 23, 2012, at Good Samaritan Hospital, Pottsville.
He was born in Philadelphia to the late Vincent and Helen (Howe) Weaver and was the husband of Patricia (Rodman) Weaver, who celebrated 19 years of marriage in August.
For 35 years, John worked as a flight aircraft mechanic for Boeing Aircraft until his retirement in 1982. He enjoyed woodworking, fishing and spending time with his grandchildren.
In addition to his wife, John is survived by a son: William Dimitri Weaver; a daughter: Joann Weaver, of Wenonah, N.J.; two stepsons: Jon VonSchmitt, husband of Tracie Scott, of Ephrata; and Hans, husband of Megan VonSchmitt, of Denver; and four grandchildren: Billy, Taylor, Grace and Madison.
Private funeral services and interment will be at the convenience of family.
Arrangements are being made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.