- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Joseph H. Stewart Jr., Lamtech driver
Joseph H. Stewart Jr., 74, of Akron, passed away after a brief illness Monday, Oct. 10, 2011 at his residence.
He was born in Kleinfeltersville to the late Joseph and Arlene (Myer) Stewart and was the husband of Sandra (Bair) Stewart who celebrated their 55th wedding anniversary on Feb. 25.
Joseph was a member of the Ephrata AmVets, Ephrata Elks and Ephrata Masonic Lodge 665 F&AM. He enjoyed the Miami Dolphins, his many hats and B-24 airplanes. He worked as a truck driver for Lamtech.
In addition to his wife, Joseph is survived by two sons: Ricky Lee Stewart, of Virginia, and Troy J. Stewart, of Ephrata; a daughter: Nicole D., wife of Jeffrey Piper, of Akron; grandchildren: Sandra Mae, Jeff Jr., Joseph and Nicolas Piper, Brandon Long and Lauren Stewart.
He was preceded in death by brothers: Edwin and Richard Stewart; and a sister: Joanne Hufford.
A memorial service was held on Oct. 15 at the Stradling Funeral Home, Akron, with Rev. Leslie Cool officiating. Interment will be private at the convenience of the family.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.