- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Joseph H. Stewart Jr., Lamtech driver
Joseph H. Stewart Jr., 74, of Akron, passed away after a brief illness Monday, Oct. 10, 2011 at his residence.
He was born in Kleinfeltersville to the late Joseph and Arlene (Myer) Stewart and was the husband of Sandra (Bair) Stewart who celebrated their 55th wedding anniversary on Feb. 25.
Joseph was a member of the Ephrata AmVets, Ephrata Elks and Ephrata Masonic Lodge 665 F&AM. He enjoyed the Miami Dolphins, his many hats and B-24 airplanes. He worked as a truck driver for Lamtech.
In addition to his wife, Joseph is survived by two sons: Ricky Lee Stewart, of Virginia, and Troy J. Stewart, of Ephrata; a daughter: Nicole D., wife of Jeffrey Piper, of Akron; grandchildren: Sandra Mae, Jeff Jr., Joseph and Nicolas Piper, Brandon Long and Lauren Stewart.
He was preceded in death by brothers: Edwin and Richard Stewart; and a sister: Joanne Hufford.
A memorial service was held on Oct. 15 at the Stradling Funeral Home, Akron, with Rev. Leslie Cool officiating. Interment will be private at the convenience of the family.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.