- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Joyce J. Bowers, 70, worked in food services for EASD, active with Trinity Lutheran
Joyce J. Bowers, 70, of Ephrata, passed away unexpectedly Monday, July 14, 2014, following a tragic accident in Nova Scotia.
She was born in Stevens to the late Jesse and Martha (Johns) Sawyer and was the wife and best friend of David J. Bowers.
Joyce was an active member of the Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, Ephrata. She had worked in food service for the Ephrata Area School District for 27 years. Joyce enjoyed gardening, being outdoors, traveling and reading.
In addition to her husband; she is survived by her two children: Eric David Bowers of Seattle, Wash., currently stationed in Afghanistan, and Robin Ann, wife of Dave Barr of Lititz; two grandchildren: Gus and Meg Barr; three sisters: Ruth Harding of Schoeneck, Irene, wife of Elmer Dennis of Mt. Joy and Elizabeth Moyer of Reinholds.
In addition to her parents; she was preceded in death by a brother: Amos Sawyer; and a sister: Mary Trostle.
A memorial service was held July 22 at the Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, Ephrata, with Rev. Henry E. Herbener officiating. Interment followed in the Mellinger’s Union Cemetery, Stevens.
Kindly omit flowers. Memorial contributions in Joyce’s memory may be made to The Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 167 E. Main St., Ephrata, PA 17522.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/ Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.