- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Judy Harris, 66, Erdman Anthony worker, author
Judy M. Harris, 66, of Lancaster passed away Sunday, Nov. 10, 2013 at Hospice & Community Care, Mt. Joy, surrounded by her loving family.
Born in Ephrata, she was the daughter of the late Roy and A. Louise (Kauffman) Kilgore.
Judy was a graduate of Ephrata High School and went on to work for Erdman Anthony for many years. She enjoyed writing children’s books, volunteering frequently with women and children organizations, and vacation Bible school for local churches. Judy also enjoyed sewing, cooking, playing poker and especially spending time with her grandchildren.
She is survived by her two daughters: Monica L. Harris and Molly L. Ramos, both of Lancaster; a son: Ryan P. Harris, of Philadelphia; three grandchildren: Katie J. Harris, John W. Ramos and Andrew C. Ramos. Also surviving are five brothers: Ronald E. Kilgore of Cape Coral, Fla.; Paul D. Kilgore, husband of Donna M.; Barry L. Kilgore; David R. Kilgore, husband of Lisa G., all of Lancaster, James A. Kilgore, husband of Karen E., of Reamstown; two sisters: Deborah L. Byers of Lancaster and Barbara Ann Scrivener, wife of Donald, of Great Falls, Mont. and an aunt: Mary Ellen Reid of Lancaster.
A memorial service was held Nov. 16 at the Charles F. Snyder Funeral Home & Crematory, Lancaster. Interment was in Rohrerstown Mennonite Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Judy’s memory may be made to the One Less Thing Foundation, 66 Hampton Ln., Lancaster, PA 17601.
To send online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.